- 01 Dec 2023
- 4 Minutes to read
Account Setup FAQ
- Updated on 01 Dec 2023
- 4 Minutes to read
- tracked_installs, retention, and LTV are shown in UTC. For ad spend or ad revenue, it depends on ad-network as described in here.
- The User Acquisition and Ad Monetization tabs have a timestamp that show when the report was last updated. This time is shown in your local timezone.
- The most common reason your User Acquisition dashboard may have an Unavailable Channel or Unavailable Campaign is because there is ad revenue that can’t be attributed to users of a specific channel or campaign. This happens when an ad network reports ad revenue for a specific country, but we don’t see any events from users in that country.
- If you have set up your Meta or Google channels correctly but don't see any spend on the dashboard yet, please make sure you add the ad account ID you are trying to pull the spend for. The instructions are here.
Show morePlease reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding data deletion requests
This is because we were unable to pull spend or ad revenue data from ad-network API in the last attempt. The most common reasons are:
- Credentials used to pull the data are no longer valid. This could happen when the password on ad network dashboard is updated, or the user who authenticated accounts before is no longer in the company.
- For self-attribution networks(Meta, Google, Apple Search for example), please re-authenticate your account, and update the ad account again. The instructions are here.
- For non self-attribution networks, please double-check your API credentials. The instructions are here.
- One-time server error on the Ad network side. In this case, we will be able to pull the data during our next attempt.
- If the ad account has not been working for 1 month, we will automatically suspend the ad account. This means that we won't automatically try to pull the data for your ad account anymore. To fix it,
- Tenjin dashboard uses UTC timezone, so yesterdays' data will be updated around 3AM UTC time since we process the data once in every few hours.
Show morePlease refer to this sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sBJiQOpQOHyGT7eaAme2LXyqmBVtExyqDhZNjD4fhzs/edit?usp=sharing
This is the list (not exclusive). If you want to know the mapping for a channel or campaign that's not in this list, please contact us at email@example.com.
Certain UA channels use the same tracking URL template per app and pass the campaign information to Tenjin upon the click event. For such channels, you need to create only 1 Tenjin campaign to get the tracking URL and use that for all campaigns within the same app. These channels are:
- Ocean Engine
- Unity Ads
- Bigo Ads
Under CONFIGURE --> apps, click on the app for which you want to diable the callback. Then, click on the 'edit' button next to the callback you want to disable under the callback section.
De-select the 'Active' button, and hit 'Save Callback'.
Show moreMigrating your historical data from your existing attribution provider to Tenjin is super easy. Below are steps you can take for migrating the data from AppsFlyer and Adjust to Tenjin:
We count 'conversions' and 'view through conversions' under the Download Conversion category as Reported Installs.