- Install the Tenjin SDK to do attribution through Apple Search Ads.
- Tenjin automatically attributes the user to Apple based on its attribution logic.
Tenjin works with Snapchat to understand if Snapchat wishes to claim a specific install. Tenjin sends a callback on every install tracked through the SDK to Snapchat.
Always add one device targeting (either Android or iOS) for each Snap campaign. Otherwise tracked_installs will split into two platforms on Tenjin dashboard.
- Make sure you have the latest Tenjin SDK integrated.
- Set up a Snapchat account under the Channels tab.
- Enter username and password for Snapchat OAuth
- Read the terms and conditions and if they are acceptable accept them.
- Finish adding the account ID that is required.
- To integrate the measurement and attribution, you'll need to add the Snapchat callback to your app. Go to your app on the Apps tab and select "New Callback".
- Search for Snapchat install and add/save it.
Tenjin has an integration with Google whereby app developers can run campaigns automatically on Google and Tenjin will figure out the install's attribution.
Generate Link ID in your Google AdWords dashboard
- Click the tool icon in the upper right corner of your account.
- Under Setup section, click Linked accounts.
- Under Third-party app analytics, click Details.
Choose from the following options:
- If you’ve never linked any app analytics providers to your AdWords account, click Create link ID.
- If you already have app analytics providers linked to your AdWords account and would like to create an additional link, click the plus button to link a new provider or app.
Select Other provider, then enter: 8670853329
- Select your mobile app’s platform.
- Use the Look up your app field to find your app.
- Click Create link ID. In case you see the error in this step, please ask your adwords account manager.
- Click the copy button to copy your Link ID. You will add this in Tenjin’s dashboard below.
- Click Done. Your status will show “Unverified” until you’ve added your link ID to your third-party account and conversion data begins to flow into AdWords.
Add your Link ID in Tenjin’s Dashboard:
- Go to the Apps tab and select your app
- Click "+ NEW CALLBACK"
Select Google install callback
Enter your Link ID
Your Google Callback should now be active. (Note: AdWords callback usually takes ~2 hours to be activated - you may see some discrepancy until then.)
IMPORTANT! - We now must import conversion events from your third-party app analytics providers:
- Click the tool icon again in Adwords dashboard.
- Under Measurement section, click Conversions.
- To add a new conversion action, click the plus button.
Select the App conversion type
Select the Third-party app analytics option.
Select your app's first_open Analytics event. (Note: If you can't see the first_open event, please check your AdWords settings page after a few hours. The first_open event usually takes a couple of hours to import after the LinkID is created.)
- Click Import and Continue.