- Install the Tenjin SDK to do attribution through Apple Search Ads.
- Tenjin automatically attributes the user to Apple based on its attribution logic.
Tenjin works with Snapchat to understand if Snapchat wishes to claim a specific install. Tenjin sends a callback on every install tracked through the SDK to Snapchat.
Always add one device targeting (either Android or iOS) for each Snap campaign. Otherwise tracked_installs will split into two platforms on Tenjin dashboard.
- Make sure you have the latest Tenjin SDK integrated.
- Set up a Snapchat account under the Channels tab.
- Enter username and password for Snapchat OAuth.
- Read the Terms and Conditions and if they are acceptable, accept them.
- Finish adding the account ID that is required.
- To integrate the measurement and attribution, you'll need to add the Snapchat callback to your app. Go to your app on the CONFIGURE -> Apps tab and select + New Callback.
- Search for Snapchat install and add/save it. In order to get Snap App ID, please refer to this page. You can also add multiple Snap app IDs if you have (comma separated). Example:
- You also need to create the Snapchat post install callback.
Tenjin has an integration with Google, whereby app developers can run campaigns automatically on Google and Tenjin will figure out the install attribution.
Generate Link ID on your Google Ads dashboard
- Click the TOOLS & SETTINGS icon in the upper right corner of your Google Ads account. Make sure you are on each sub account under MCC account.
- Under SETUP section, click Linked accounts.
- Under Third-party app analytics, click DETAILS.
Click the plus(+) button to link a new provider or app.
Select Tenjin from the dropdown list. If you don't see Tenjin, select Other provider, then enter: 8670853329.
- Select your mobile app’s platform.
- Use the Look up your app field to find your app.
- Click Create link ID. In case you see the error in this step, please ask your Google Ads account manager.
- Click the copy button to copy your Link ID. You will add this in Tenjin’s dashboard below.
- Click Done. Your status will show “Unverified” until you’ve added your link ID to your third-party account and conversion data begins to flow into Google Ads.
Add your Link ID on Tenjin’s Dashboard:
- Go to the Apps tab and select your app.
- Click + New Callback.
Select Google Ads install callback.
Enter your Link ID.
Your Google Callback should now be active. (Note: Google Ads callback usually takes ~2 hours to be activated - you may see some discrepancy until then.)
You also need to create the Google Ads Post install callback by clicking on + NEW CALLBACK and using the same Link ID above.
IMPORTANT! - We now must import conversion events from your third-party app analytics providers:
- Click the TOOLS & SETTINGS icon on Google Ads dashboard.
- Under MEASUREMENT section, click Conversions.
- To add a new conversion action, click the plus (+) button.
Select the App from the conversion options.
Select the Third-party app analytics option.
Select the analytics event from Tenjin. (Note: If you can't see the event, please check your Google Ads settings page after a few hours. The event usually takes a couple of hours to import after the LinkID is created.)
- Click IMPORT AND CONTINUE.
Once the Tenjin conversion event is imported, make sure Include in "Conversions" is "Yes" in the conversion setting, as shown in the screenshot below.
For Android only, check if you have other conversion settings for Google Play download event.
- Click the TOOLS & SETTINGS again on Google Ads dashboard.
- Under MEASUREMENT section, click Conversions. You can see the list of conversion events.
If you see the conversion event with Google Play for Source, Download for Category, click edit. If you don't see the one, you don't need to do anything.
Check if Include in "Conversions" is
No. If this is
Yes, change it to